Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Because Others Are Smarter than I Am

I'll let them speak for me.

Sully:


Since I was among those who raised the option of an Obama-Clinton ticket, and aired the debate for a while, I should say that I hope at this point that Obama has the strength to turn her down - gently. He should bring in former rivals into his cabinet and should offer Clinton a cabinet post, on the Lincoln model. But to have endured the kind of campaign the Clintons ran and concede to her wishes now would be an act of weakness that the Clintons would exploit were he to become president.

Obama needs to regain the momentum and clarity of his early insurrection. He would not do that by adding Clinton to his ticket.

Yes, right on.

I'll simply add that I will NOT be watching the victory speech tonight, given the praise, while politically necessary, of Sen. Clinton we'll hear tonight.

No comments: